- 3 Reasons Why Folks Who Don’t “Look” Non-Binary Can Still Be Non-Binary – Everyday Feminism
- Ursula K. Le Guin on Being a Man via Brain Pickings – although her writing pre-dates the latest wave of non-binary conversation it very neatly captures many of the ideas around the subject I’ve struggled with. That liminal place between gender roles that artists and thinkers frequently occupy.
- Noam Chomsky has a new documentary on Netflix called Requiem for the American Dream
- The Evolutionary Purpose of the Scorpio in Pluto Generation via Wake Up World
- Redefining Death by Geshe Michael Roach via Dr. Joos
Going to church this morning with Parker Palmer’s 2015 commencement speech at Naropa University.
May I develop complete acceptance and openness to all situations and emotions, and to all people.
May I experience everything nakedly, completely without mental reservations or blockages.
May I never withdraw from life, or centralize onto myself.
May my heart be laid bare and open to the fire of all that is.
2015: I broke open my heart, and a million tiny pieces fell out. The winds scattered these pieces to Montreal, Calgary, Ottawa, Ness Creek, Vancouver, Victoria, and Banff . It tasted like old books, sweaty bodies, frozen lemonade, and bloody knuckles. My heart returned to me emptied of ambition and full of longing to start fresh.
With a clean slate I seek to invite a year of yin; yielding, receiving, relaxing, and reflecting. May this renew my strength and courage to travel to new heights in the coming months/years.
My 2016 resolutions in no particular order:
~ practice saying no more in order to create space for yes
~ spend more time feeling, making room to acknowledge these feelings, work with them instead of against them, so they can be desolved and let go
~ listen more closely, notice more detailedly, open more deeply
~ fuel my life with millions of tiny acts of radical self love
~ take more time away from the city, in nature, in parks, in forests, and the beach
~ restart my meditation practice, my life drawing practice, my yoga practice, my tea practice, my journal practice, my life when no one is watching
~ remember how to forgive and be kind, not everything is going to hurt forever
~ read more biographies, memoirs, and life works of and by women
~ embrace the finality of life in order to fill every drop of it, die when ready or not here I come
~ take time to deepen relationships and forge new collaborations with people who inspire me
~ live boldly, gently, curiously, gloriously, bravely, intentionally
January 2nd edit: New bonus resolution stolen from the incomparable Alexandra Roxo of the beloved Be Here Nowish (make it your resolution to watch it here)
~ no more arguements or heavy conversations over text, let’s talk it out in person or in beautiful snail mail, I love you too much