The weekend inspiration list was so much fun last week that I made you another one. The theme survival poetry comes from my experience recently sharing my personal history of sexual violence with my loved ones. It is affirming to be able to start to own my own voice again, and the response was overwhelming in so many beautiful, heartbreaking ways. I recommend getting cozy for these with a big cup of tea, and preferably a cat to cuddle.
- Saul Williams performs “Said the Shotgun to the Head” his poetry is amazing, but listen to him talk about the artist’s role in everything from Paris attacks to Mother Theresa as well as speaking about his new album Martyr Loser King listen on Q with Shad here.
- Why We Need the Opposite of Rape Culture – Nurturance Culture via Everyday Feminism
- D’bi Young Antiafrika talking about the Sorpulsi Principles where the title of this post comes from via my mother. Check out her performance poetry here and here
- Kiran Gandhi “Sisterhood, blood and boobs at London Marathon 2015” originally discovered through her interview on She Does
- Aorta by warrior goddess Tanya Tagaq