1) no object, (of a person, animal, or other living organism) grow or develop in a healthy or vigorous way, especially as the result of favorable environment.
2) with object, (of a person) wave (something) around to attract the attention of others.
1) a bold or extravagant gesture or action, made especially to attract the attention of others
2) an ornate musical passage
I really love this word. Actors will be familiar with verbing, which tbh I hate as a creative practice but am not afraid to utilize with relish in my personal life. This is a word I wrote on my bathroom mirror. This is a word I doodle in the margins with flowers and butterflies. This is a word that motivates me to get up in the morning. It is indulgent, it is healthy, it is ornate, it is bold, it is joyful, it is vigorous, it develops, and it attracts. There is something delicious & lush about it. This will be my last 5x list in a while, I’m taking a break to go flourish. These are a few links of things I’ve been considering lately, I hope that they enrich and go to seed in your mind too.
- Chai Chats: Episode 6 – Essentail Self Part 2 there is so much here that I am in love with these women are full of truth bombs and vibrating on another frequency. Also worth listening to Part 1 but not necessary to dive in with Part 2.
- For Women ‘Who Are Difficult To Love’ via Everyday Feminism
- Doomsquad picked out some Canadian gems of emerging female electronic talent via Clash
- Interview with Evie Ruddy via Kindred Cities
- We Need to Talk: Sexual Harassment in the Art World via AKA Artist Run Centre – this is a really touching collection of first hand accounts (not in a explicit way) of what it’s like to navigate that grey space of sexual harassment when your work place might also be your social place. I really dig this quote from Xenia Benivolski “Sometimes it feels like if I said nothing, I could just be like them, with all their liberties, but that’s false.”
- Bonus round, I’m obsessed with the new Anna Wise EP The Feminine: Act 1